Blog Home | 2019-05-15 03:32:01
Are you called as an intercessor? Please read on...
When you become an intercessor, you become Heaven’s legislators on earth. Intercessors live under such a mighty measure of God’s grace. Intercessors are burden-bearers. On the account of God's grace upon intercessors, God's judgement over a group of people or nation can be overturned. Intercessors can rewrite the history of unborn descendants. Abraham was an intercessor, Moses was an intercessor, Daniel was an intercessor, Noah was an intercessor. There is a strong relationship between grace and intercession, between mercy and intercession. In every intercessor is the presence of a certain measure of grace. When you become an intercessor; a deeper level of grace is released upon you. Intercessors live sacrificially and they know that those who are forgiven much loves much. Intercessors esteem grace; hence more grace is measured upon them. Intercessors never approach grace as a free pass to sin; but as the privilege to obtain mercy for times of need, for people in need and for nations in need.
Here is what you need to know in your intercessory journey:
1. The grace for intercession: To intercede effectively; the grace in Christ Jesus is needed.
One day the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?" - Acts 19:15
2. The grace of God can be withdrawn from a person. A person who once lived under grace can lose it all.
“But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die. - Ezekiel 18:21
3. Intercession is impossible where grace no longer exists. When the cup of judgement is filled to the brink; intercession becomes impossible. Only the righteous are granted prophetic exemption
Then the LORD said to me: "Even if Moses and Samuel were to stand before me, my heart would not go out to this people. Send them away from my presence! Let them go! Jeremiah 15-1
4. There comes a time where grace is no longer available for the sinner; that even the righteous can no longer intercede on behalf of the sinner
Even if these three men--Noah, Daniel and Job--were in it, they could save only themselves by their righteousness, declares the Sovereign LORD. Ezekiel 14:14
5. The grace upon the righteous can save their own city; even when they are long gone to be with the Lord.
‘For I will defend this city, to save it. For My own sake and for My servant David’s sake.’ ” - isaiah 37:35
6. The grace upon the life of Abraham could not save another city (Sodom & Gomorrah) - because God needed at least 10 righteous; the grace upon the lives of 10 would have been sufficient to save the entire Sodom & Gomorrah.
So the Lord said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.” Then Abraham answered and said, “Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord: Suppose there were five less than the fifty righteous; would You destroy all of the city for lack of five?”
So He said, “If I find there forty-five, I will not destroy it.”And he spoke to Him yet again and said, “Suppose there should be forty found there?” So He said, “I will not do it for the sake of forty.” Then he said, “Let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Suppose thirty should be found there?”So He said, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.” And he said, “Indeed now, I have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord: Suppose twenty should be found there?” So He said, “I will not destroy it for the sake of twenty.” Then he said, “Let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak but once more: Suppose ten should be found there?” And He said, “I will not destroy it for the sake of ten.” Genesis 18: 26-32
7. The grace upon the life of Abraham was extended to Isaac, Jacob and the entire of Israel till this day. Israel’s sin is no less than the sin of Sodom & Gomorrah, but because of the presence of intercession; grace and mercy abides with Isreal
“Unless the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, We would have become like Sodom, And we would have been made like Gomorrah. - Romans 9:29.
In your journey as as intercessor, the grace of the Lord Jesus is sufficient for you and your intercessory requests.
About the Author
LightHill Church Blog Sermons and notes from Bible studies from LightHill worship services are shared here.