Blog Home | 2018-05-06 03:15:49
Before Jesus finally left... He met with his disciples
1. They had meetings where Jesus met with them over a period of 40 days .
2. Deep interactive meeting - Meets were Face-to-face, perhaps over lunch or dinner or breakfast.
3. - The meeting was themed: Things About The Kingdom.
4. The goal of the meeting was to remind them of the lessons he had taught them.
5. Designed a strategy to achieve the goal.
6. The most powerful spiritual strategy ( Wait upon the Holy Ghost, to fill you with power. In other words, don't launch out until you carry the power of God inside of you.“On no account should the disciples leave Jerusalem, but “must wait for what the Father promised: the promise you heard from me)
7. Are you sometimes led away from the focal point? The disciples shifted from the critical instruction. Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” The Lord led them back to focus on their critical need - The Holy Spirit.
8. He tells them the about the power of the Holy Spirit and its impacts on their ministry.
9. Walking into Leadership - the apostles stepped into leadership roles after Jesus left.
10. What happens when your boss leaves and tells you to wait for A Promise? The Apostles handled the wait brilliantly.
11.Their actions reflected the lifestyle they saw Jesus lived. Active prayer life: They understood they were in this for good and they followed the teachings of Jesus, starting with prayer. they prayed fervently.
12. Active prayer life: They understood they were in this for good and they followed the teachings of Jesus, starting with prayers. They prayed fervently.
13. Ardent Reader: Peter showed great depth in the understanding of the Scriptures when he pointed out the prophecy to replace Judas.
14. As a team, they understood the power of team dynamics and used a lottery system to elect Matthias.
About the Author
LightHill Church Blog Sermons and notes from Bible studies from LightHill worship services are shared here.